Code 0 Specifications
Code 0 Design Process
Fareast sails Code 0’s are fully customized with your sailing style in mind. Code 0’s are radial cut for optimal performance. Each sail is assembled in an organized datasheet for you. You will then be able to review the chart and make changes. Once you approve the chart, we draw each sail and we provide you CAD drawing of your sail(s). You can again review and make changes. Once you approve the drawings, we cut your sail. The process is quite easy.
Code 0 Design
Code 0’s are a hybrid between a spinnaker and genoa, tending more toward the headsail, it generates headsail-type. Our Code 0’s are made with premium sail cloth from Challenge, Contender, and dimension-polyant sail cloth for both inshore and/or offshore applications. Our Code 0 Designs provide an excellent all-around performance sail. Code 0 designs consists of both nylon and laminate cloths.
Code 0’s can be also Optimized to 60 - 140 degrees apparent wind angle (AWA), Approximately 70-75% of the sail area of a full-size spinnaker. Mid girth measurement 75-85% of foot length.
- Our code 0’s are CAD drawn and presented to you before production
- Code 0’s come with 4 color option standard (certain cloths have limited color choice)
- Code 0's are 3 Step Zig Zag stitched with 4 points (triple stitched) standard
- Options Include: Piston Hanks, Numbers, Torque Rope, and Colored logo designs
- Sails are full radial Design Standard
- Code 0's can be design for top down furler with Vectran or Polyester Torque Ropes built into the luff
- Sails come with thimbles at head and tack
Code 0 Cloth
- Body Challenge Sail Cloth: Fibermax (.75 oz and 1.5oz) , Elite Racing Nylon
- Contender Sail Cloth: Maxlite (1.5oz), Nylite (.90oz), Superlite, Superkote, Stormlite, Maxikote
- Dimension-Polyant – CZ Sliver, CZ GP, CZ White